Friday, September 14, 2012

I made oatmeal chocolate chip muffins in my toaster oven. And my cute husband loved them :).


Also, here's a recent picture of my growing belly :).


I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday...which meant commuting to Shanghai. Here's what my day looked like: I left out apartment at 9 am, took a taxi to the train station, took the bullet train to Shanghai, took another taxi from the train station to the doctor's office, saw the doctor for 10 minutes, taxi back to train station, train to Nanjing, taxi to apartment, home by 5 pm. Whew! It's worth it to be delivering at a nice hospital (I've heard some scary stories about local hospitals) but I sure am glad I was in Shanghai for the summer so I only have to do that once. I have another appointment next Tuesday but I won't be coming back to Nanjing without a baby :). I'm bringing all my stuff and staying with a family from our Shanghai branch until the baby comes. My doctor induces 10 days after the due date so we will have a baby in no more than 18 days!! But hopefully much less than that. Everything is looking good. Oliver's head is still down and he is fully engaged...which means I experience a lovely amount of "pressure" (medical term for pain) with just about every movement. My doctor was surprised to see that even though the baby has descended, his feet are still way up by my ribs. We are going to have one tall baby, but did anyone think otherwise? :) Can't wait to meet him.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of you, turned out so cute!! When you talked about how you're going to have a tall baby I started crying...I know I'm silly, but I'm so excited for you to be a mama and even more excited that you get to bring Oliver to meet us in November!!

    p.s., I was excited to read that they were oatmeal/chocolate chip, I was really worried you might spoil them with Raisins ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so gorgeous, Rainy, one hot momma! I am impressed that you made the muffins in a toaster over, hilarious, good idea! Can't wait to meet Oliver, keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete